- 0.1 About SSC CGL – Overview
- 0.2 SSC CGL Exam 2022
- 0.3 SSC CGL Notification
- 0.4 SSC CGL Vacancies
- 0.5 SSC CGL Eligibility
- 0.6 CGL Application Form 2022
- 0.7 CGL Admit Card
- 0.8 CGL Exam Pattern
- 0.9 SSC CGL Syllabus
- 0.10 CGL Exam Centers
- 0.11 SSC CGL FAQs
- 1 New Updates
About SSC CGL – Overview
Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level is the full form of SSC CGL. SSC CGL government recruitment exam is a nationwide exam for graduates to recruit them for various posts in Ministries and the Department of Indian Government and its Subordinate offices. Staff Selection Commission conducted this exam for selecting the staff for different Group B and Group C posts. In 1975, the Staff Selection Commission was set up as a motive for conducting the SSC CGL examination to recruit eligible staff for government offices.
SSC CGL Exam 2022
For students who are looking forward to a position in the reputed offices under the central government, SSC CGL 2022 will be a great opportunity for them. In government departments, every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC. It is believed that a government job helps to build a stable career. The Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam that is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for recruitment to various subordinates like:
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
- Preventive Officers in Customs
- Assistants in Departments/Ministries
- Inspectors of Income Tax
- Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India
- Examiner in Customs
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
- Auditor Offices under CAG, CGDA, CGA & others
- Compiler in Registrar General of India
SSC CGL Notification
By the Staff Selection Commission of India, the official SSC CGL Notification 2021-22 has been released on 23rd December 2021 to recruit suitable candidates in various departments of Govt. of India. From 23rd December 2021 to 23rd January 2022, the online application window for the SSC CGL application has been open for one month. The official SSC CGL PDF link has been listed below. Click on the below link and go through the details.
CGL Exam Important Dates
On 23rd December 2021, the online exam date for the SSC CGL 2022 Tier I exam has been released by the SSC along with its official notification and annual exam calendar. In April 2022, the online Tier 1 exam for SSC CGL 2022 will be conducted. SSC CGL exam date 2022 schedule is mentioned below.
|SSC CGL upcoming exam 2022||SSC CGL 2022 Dates|
|Notification Release Date||23rd December 2021|
|SSC CGL online form 2022 registration date||23rd December 20221|
|SSC CGL last date to apply||23rd January 2022|
|Last date for online payment||25th January 2022|
|Last date for the generation of offline Challan||26th January 2022|
|Last date of fees through challan||27th January 2022|
|The window of the Application form correction||28th January to 1st February 2022|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Admit Card Download||March-April 2022|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 exam||April 2022|
|Result Announcement of SSC CGL Tier 1||July-August 2022 (Expected)|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 exam||Yet to be announced|
SSC CGL Vacancies
For Grade A, Grade B, and Grade C level posts, it is expected that SSC will conduct the CGL examination to fill up more than 6500 vacancies. The SSC CGL vacancy 2022 will be announced in no short time.
SSC CGL Eligibility
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the SSC CGL Exam 2022. The details about the SSC CGL Eligibility criteria are mentioned below. The candidates must fulfill the age criteria and have the required educational qualifications to apply for the SSC CGL Examination.
SSC CGL Age Limit 2022
The candidates must check the detailed SSC CGL eligibility criteria before they fill the application forms as the age limit for different SSC CGL posts are different. For most of the posts, the minimum required age is 18 years and the maximum required age may vary from 27-32 years according to the job profile.
The candidates are required to have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized College or University. If you are an applicant then you must have opted for Mathematics/ Economics/ Statistics either as compulsory or as an elective subject.
CGL Application Form 2022
On the official website of the Staff Service Commission, the application forms for SSC CGL 2022 are available online. By visiting the official website of the Staff Service Commission applicants can fill and submit the form online in a very easy manner.
How to Apply
For applying SSC CGL examination form online, the steps are mentioned below. To avoid mistakes, the applicants must follow these steps.
- For filling online application, visit the official website of the Staff Selection Commission i.e, www.SSC.nic.in
- Click on the link that is referred to as ‘Apply Online.
- Before moving on to the application form, read all the guidelines there carefully.
- Upload your latest scanned colorful photograph with your signature, after entering the required information in the form.
- Pay the application fees and submit the form after filling in all the details in the application form.
- For future reference, a printout of the filled-in SSC CGL application form must be kept by you.
To complete the application process, candidates must have to pay the SSC CGL exam fee. The modes of application fees must be SBI as challan, SBI Net Banking, or through Credit/Debit Card of any other bank.
For various categories, the SSC CGL exam fee is mentioned below.
|Category||SSC CGL exam fee|
|General/OBC/EWS Male||INR 100|
|SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Serviceman candidate||No Fes|
|Female Candidates||No Fees|
CGL Admit Card
On the official website, SSC CGL Admit Card for every successfully enrolled applicant will be available. Without the admit card, candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. You can download your admit card by navigating via the official website of the Staff Selection Commission.
Steps to Download
To download the admit card for SSC CGL 2022 exam, candidates can follow the below-listed steps.
- Visit the official website of the Staff Selection Commission i.e. www.ssc.nic.in
- Click on the tab that is named ‘Admit Card”
- Then click on the regional/sub-local site.
- After then you have to click on the link to the admit card.
- On the login page, enter the required details
- In the kast step, download your SSC CGL Admit Card and take a printout of it.
Here are the below-mentioned details that are highlighted in your admit card.
- Name of the Candidate
- Hall Ticket
- Candidate’s roll no.
- Date of Examination
- Duration of Examination
- Candidate’s Signature
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Time of Examination
- Centre of the Examination
CGL Exam Pattern
For various posts, the SSC conducts the CGL exam in four levels every year. The exam will be conducted in four tiers as mentioned below in the table.
|Exam Tier||Exam Type||Exam Mode|
|Tier 1||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-based (online exam)|
|Tier 2||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-based (Online exam)|
|Tier 3||Descriptive Paper in Hindi/English||Pen-Paper mode|
|Tier 4||Skill test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Necessary|
SSC CGL Syllabus
General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and English Language are the major parts asked in SSC CGL Examination 2022. The syllabus for SSC CGL Tier 1 is listed below.
- Tier 1
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Classification||Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture, etc.)||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Analogy||Science||Interest||Fill in the Blanks|
|Series||Indian Geography||Mensuration||Cloze Test|
|Non-Verbal||Current CM & Governors||DI||Synonyms & Antonyms|
|Word Formation||Sports||Percentage||Phrases and Idioms|
|Matrix||Books and Authors||Ratio and Proportion||One word Substitution|
|Important Schemes||Problem on Ages||Sentence Correction|
- Tier 2
It will be necessary to gear up for the Tier 2 examination of the SSC CGL 2022 after the preliminary exam has been conducted. It is an objective multiple choice question exam conducted online. For the candidates, the Tier 2 and Tier 3 exam of 2022 will be conducted on the same day this year. English Language and Comprehension, General Studies (Economics and Finance), Statistics, Quantitative Aptitude are the major subjects in the SSC CGL Tier 2 exam.
CGL Exam Centers
Look through this below-mentioned chart of SSC CGL Exam Centers in India, where the Tier 1 and Tier 2 exams will be taken. Candidates can refer to the zone-wise SSC CGL examination centers in order to know the location of the test in their respective states.
On the official website of the Staff Service Commission, SSC CGL Results 2022 will be declared. For Tier 1, 2, 3, & 4 exams the results will be separately declared in PDF format.
SSC CGL Results
The guidelines for candidates to download results for all the tier exams are listed below.
- Steps to Download
Below mentioned are the steps to download the SSC CGL Results.
- First, you have to open the official website of SSC.
- In the second step, find and click on the link for the respective result displayed on the home page of SSC.
- In the next step, a new window will open when you click on the link then enter your roll no. to see the result.
- In PDF Format, the result of SSC CGL will appear on the screen in front of you.
- In the last stage, you have to download the SSC CGL result.
The selection process of SSC CGL will be totally based on the Written Test (CBT) performance which will be followed by Computer Proficiency Test (CPT), Descriptive Test, and the Skill Test. The final merit list of the candidates will be declared by considering candidates’ performance in all four Tiers.
- For appearing in Tier 2 and Tier 3, candidates must have to qualify for Tier 1.
- For appearing in Tier 4, those candidates are eligible who qualified Tier 1, 2, and 3.
- On the basis of the cumulative marks of Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3, the final merit list of SSC CGL depends.
- Tier 4 is compulsory and of qualifying nature for CSS/ MEA/ Tax Assistant Posts
SSC CGL Cut-off
For every Tier, the SSC CGL cut off will be declared separately as well as for every post. To appear for the next tier exam, the candidates must get marks exceeding the cutoff marks declared by the commission. The final cutoff for the SSC CGL examination will likewise be declared by the commission upon which the final selection rests.
The below-mentioned factors play a vital role in the cutoff of every tier level.
- The total average of candidates appearing for the examination.
- The cutoff also depends on the total number of vacancies under the SSC CGL.
- It also depends on the performance level of the candidate in the examination.
- Cut off also depends on the no. of candidates required for the different posts.
Previous Year Cutoff
For all the posts, the cut-off for the Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL is mentioned below.
|Categories||Cutoff for Finance and Accounts||Cutoff for Statistics||Cutoff for other posts|
Salary & Benefits
On the level of the post, the SSC CGL salary depends. The expected SSC CGL salary bar is mentioned below.
|SSC CGL Posts||SSC CGL Salary (INR)|
|Level IV||INR 25,500- 81,100|
|Leve V||INR 29,200- 92,300|
|Level VI||INR 35,000- 1,12,400|
|Level VII||INR 44,900- 1,42,400|
|Level VIII||INR 47,600- 1,51,100|
Benefits of the SSC CGL jobs are listed below:
- Job Security
- You became a part of the government system
- You became respected in the society
- The WOrk environment is good
- You’ll get a good amount of salary and perks
- You’ll get a good pension after retirement
For the youngsters, SSC CGL becomes a good overall opportunity to achieve the career they always wanted.
SSC CGL FAQs
Can final year students apply for SSC CGL?
No, you are not eligible for the SSC CGL exam if you are in the final year. You must have a Bachelor’s degree for the SSC CGL exam.
What is the minimum age limit to apply for the SSC CGL exam?
The minimum age limit to apply for the SSC CGL exam is 18 years.
Could a candidate apply for more than one post for the SSC CGL Exam?
As long as the candidate fulfills the eligibility criteria, they can apply for more than one post for the SSC CGL Exam.
If there is any age relaxation for female candidates for the SSC CGL exam?
No, there is no such extra age benefit for the females who are applying for the SSC CGL Exam.
“If you are having queries related to the post, you guys can easily comment your query in the Comments Section given below and our team will help you out with a solution as soon as possible.”
Also subscribe for the News Letter on the website.
For more details please read the details given below in the article, can also visit the website Result Alertac for regular updates.
Best of Luck for a very bright future.”
I am Sohel Ansari, I write blogs, articles to ensure the updates on central government jobs or Recruitment conducting all over Country. I am known to be the author for posting the government job new vacancy on the website “Result Alertac”. Do read my posts on jobs at result alertac, will provide best us.